Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's been a while.....

I started blogging in 2008 when I was pregnant with my second daughter.  I started blogging for a few reasons... I wanted to chronicle these years of early childhood that go so quickly and yet so slowly.  I wanted to have an outlet for the crazy that seems to encompass my household the majority of the time. And I wanted to have a way to show other moms, that yes, life really is like that with littles.  After my third baby came I blogged less and less... plus a bit of discouragement from few followers.  And then two years ago I just stopped. Now my life is way more hectic (added yet one more baby) and I have even less time than I did two years ago when I stopped but I feel like now is the time to start up again.  So here goes nothing....
We now have four children, three beautiful girls and a handsome little man.

Our oldest, Audrey, is in third grade.  Our middle daughter, Brianna, is in first grade.  Our youngest daughter, Clara, is in preschool this year and our son, Davis, is 15 months old.   Between school, church, music class, ballet classes, AWANA, swim lessons and all the other appointments that go with having children in this day and age, we're busy... with a capital B U S Y!  
Most days consist of me yelling at someone to put on shoes (ON THE CORRECT FEET) and to get in the van... which, by the way, I was never going to drive a minivan.... and praying I remembered everything I need for the day (diapers, wipes, extra clothes for C and D, whatever we need for whatever activity we're going to) and praying that Brianna remembered to grab all her stuff (absent mindedness runs strong with this one).  For a stay at home mom, I'm rarely home... but I wouldn't trade my life for anything.  Even during the sucky months, it's all I've ever wanted.  
However, this last month has been ROUGH!  School started, my kids went ape-crap crazy adjusting, drama at church, colds, vomit, appointments, husband's work schedule changing weekly,  AGH!  Oh and my house is a wreck, all the time, 24/7, because we live in 1150 square feet with six people. 
So, in an effort to get out of my month of funk, I am going to get back on track with my weekly cleaning list and I am starting a new challenge!  I am going to be doing the A Bowl Full of Lemons October challenge to purge purge purge!  http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/2014/10/purge-day-1-pantry-food.html  Join me if you want a more organized, less cluttered life!  Feel free to post pictures, I'm going to do my best to keep up with the challenge.  
So hopefully I will be back on here soon and hopefully you'll comment and tell me what you're crazy life is like and we can commiserate collaborate together!
Happy October!    

No comments: