Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kite Festival 2012

Well we're back!  We headed out early last Friday morning and had a lovely drive out to Long Beach, WA. Due to leaving so early we made it there by 11:00.  We spent some time on the beach before we were able to check into our hotel.  We stayed at a new place this year, Adrift Hotel, it was well priced and practically right on the beach.  Much closer to the center of town then last year. We definitely recommend it if you plan to be in that area.

As for the beach, well.....  I love love love the beach.  I am one of those people who is really bad at sitting and doing nothing.  That's part of the reason that I started crocheting.  I have a hard time just sitting and watching television.  I have to be doing something.  But on the beach............... ahhhhhh, I can sit for hours and just watch the waves move in and out.  I can watch my children digging in the sand or standing at the edge of the surf and running screaming when the chilly waters of the Pacific catch their feet.  And I'm content.  I don't feel like I need to move, ever again.  It calms me and centers me in a way no other place on Earth can and being there with my little family is perfection in my eyes.  We watched the sunset that first night and it was amazing.  We flew our kites while we waited for that big orange orb to dip it's toes into the ocean.  It's such a sight... one that never gets old.  You feel like you're at the edge of the world.  We enjoyed our time as a family.  Three of the days were gorgeous... one was rainy, welcome to Washington. :)  We hiked to a local lighthouse, we shopped, we played mini-golf, we played in the sand for hours and just enjoyed being together.  The kids were well behaved and slept well considering we were all in one room.  I wasn't sure how that was going to go.  Overall, I give it an A+ and we can't wait to go back again!

































No comments: